Murgatroyd Coach Travel Harrogate
Wedding Coach Hire Harrogate & District
A wedding day is a special day not only for the bride and groom, but also for everyone involved.
Murgatroyd Travel Services provide luxury wedding coach hire – a perfect solution for transporting wedding parties to and from various locations.
Providing luxury coach hire for your friends and family will mean they will also get to enjoy being chauffer driven in style too.
We can help you organise a better, more memorable wedding day by providing our luxury coaches to transport your guests.
Wedding coach hire
You can do things the old way - where scores of guests converge haphazardly on the church, register office and reception venue under their own steam Or you can do things the clever way and provide a luxury Murgatroyd private coach service from a convenient central meeting point to the ceremony, then on to the reception and back to the meeting point. The advantages are numerous: everyone arrives in the right place at the right time. No one gets lost. Parking is not a problem. Drink-driving is avoided and the
re is invariably a happy, party atmosphere amongst the passengers.
Think about your guests
Think about the situation from your guests' perspective. It's no fun turning up at a remote country church in the middle of nowhere and discovering there's only parking for five cars! Town centres, with treacherous one way systems and draconian parking restrictions can be even worse. Opportunistic car clampers and over-zealous traffic wardens can also be a problem. Anything you can do to alleviate these difficulties will make your guests a lot happier.
Advantages of hiring a coach for your wedding
When you think it through, hiring a coach or two for your guests makes good sense for everyone:
- Makes life easier and less stressful for your guests.
- Allows all guests the option of abandoning their cars for part or all of the day.
- Helps non-driving guests get to your wedding.
- Everyone arrives in the right place at the right time.
- No map reading traumas and frayed nerves.
- No parking problems.
- Avoid drink driving - a very important factor indeed.
- No congestion at the service or reception due to too many cars.
- Pleasant, celebratory atmosphere amongst the guests on the coach.
- Peace of mind for you as the organiser.
- Contributes to a memorable day for everyone.
By choosing your central meeting point carefully - near a railway station with a public car park, for example - you can make your wedding easily accessible not only to car drivers, but also to guests who don't own cars, or guests who wisely choose not to drink and drive.
Simple or complex arrangements?
How you organise your coach transfers is up to you. It could be a single coach making one round trip from meeting point to wedding service to reception and back to meeting point Or it could be several coaches operating a shuttle service, offering additional flexibility for your guests. You could have one meeting point or several, to cater for guests coming from different areas. You might want a separate coach for the wedding party. There are many possibilities.
How to book your wedding coaches
The best way to decide if you want coach transfers is to get all the facts and figures first. We'll be very happy to discuss all the possibilities with you and - most importantly - tell you how much it will cost. If you've never hired a coach before don't worry, we'll help you with the planning and take care of all the details. It will be a painless experience.
Top 10 tips for Wedding Transport Below are 10 things to think about when organising wedding transport to help make sure your big day goes well.
- Book early. In order to make sure your were not ‘squeezing you in’ at the last minute make sure you are not booking at the last minute. Saturdays in the summer months are the busiest time of year for the coach hire industry.
- We do not charge waiting time like a taxi does. Book the coach for 20 minutes earlier than you need it – the driver will be patient.
- Allow for the time it takes to load up a coach full of passengers. Getting 50 /70 people on a coach can be like herding cats at times.
- Plan for the journey to take 20% longer than it normally would. Coaches are not cars – they are not as nimble and don’t drive as quickly. Build in plenty of contingency.
- Think about where the coach will drop off. It’s not a car and cannot just park up as simply as a car will. Planning a drop off point can prevent any delays.
- Give the contact on the day as someone other than the bride/groom. You have better things to worry about than liaising with the coach driver over where your granny left her handbag.
- Book for the duration the day not just the narrow times. It may cost a little more but reduces risk of problems.
- When returning in the evening consider the use of shuttle runs. Not everyone likes to leave at the same time. An extra run can be as little as an extra 15% of the cost of the trip
- Don’t go overboard on the standard of vehicles you may want. You may like the idea of using our top specification corporate coaches but our standard coaches may be more suitable for larger numbers of guests.
- Put someone in charge of the late evening return trips and make sure they have a bin bag for rubbish. Weddings cost enough – you don’t need to be handed a last minute bill for coach valet services.